The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#108578 - 02/23/07 05:55 PM Re: Newest Pictures of Granddaughter, et al. [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
1) First of all, ANY pictures that you want to go into the forums MUST reside on the Internet. They cannot be a file that is on your computer. They have to have a URL which is an Internet Address....like Boomer Women Speak's URL is http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com

2) Once you have your picture hosted (or placed) on the Internet, then you simply open the picture and scan your mouse over the picture. Then you hold down the "right click" button on your mouse. When you do, there should be a list of items to chose from. Scroll down the list till you get to the bottom and highlight the word "properties" and select that.

3) Once you select "Properties," another list will appear showing the Protocol, Type, Address, etc.... What you want is the ADDRESS.

You need to highlight the ADDRESS given (it will be something like this: http://216.77.188.54/editorial/images/28/5113328/dating.jpg

4) The address IS the URL. It will always start with http:// and it will, or should, end with "jpg," or "bmp" or "tiff" and there are a few others, but the most common is "jpg." And it is the most widely accepted in other programs.

5) After you have highlighted the address, simply copy and paste it into your profile at BWS where it asked for an URL. You must copy the entire address, not just part of it.

Now....................there is ANOTHER way to get your photo into your profile on BWS. A member here, Kathy Walsh, has offered (IN THE PAST) her services to get your picture posted in here. I cannot speak for KATHY, and do not know if she is still doing this, so it is best if we wait and let Kathy speak for herself.

Kathy offered to receive all photos from members and put them in a file and she would then send you BACK a usable URL that you could copy and paste into your profile where it asked for a URL.

This is the easiest method if you are not familiar with codes, HTML, or uploading files to the Internet. Kathy is a jewel and does many things for the members and can be trusted completely. What Kathy had asked people to do was simply:

1) Send the photo via email to Kathy Walsh at Kathy@crowningtouchgraphics.com You can include it as an attachment. I would put BWS Photo in the subject line.

But before you do this, please give Kathy a chance to say Ye or Nay. She may be too busy nowadsays to do this.

Hope this helps!

#108579 - 02/23/07 06:01 PM Re: Newest Pictures of Granddaughter, et al. [Re: jawjaw]
EvilTwin Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Emyjay and Vicki: Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments on my work. A photograph that draws people in is always a success! Yes, I do use a digital camera and love it. JJ: Great explanation of how to post a picture here on the forum. I was going to do that with my images, but didn't have the time to go through and do so (plus the firewall at work won't allow for it -- how DARE they?!).

EvilTwin a/k/a Judy

http://www.alifescapesphoto.com

#108580 - 02/24/07 03:28 AM Re: Newest Pictures of Granddaughter, et al. [Re: EvilTwin]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i loved the biker ones apart from your family...

the ladie with the short hair in the biker photos is she a relative or frend or did you just find her at a festivile...

do you miss 35 mm film, you rember the good old days lol

celtic

#108581 - 02/24/07 11:35 AM Re: Newest Pictures of Granddaughter, et al. [Re: celtic_flame]
EvilTwin Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Thanks, Celtic. The guy on the red, white and blue trike we found around Old Faithful on the trip when my husband proposed to me. He was going down the highway next to us, and we followed him. Thankfully, he didn't go 300 miles down the road! LOL! He was a very interesting character. His goal was to make all the states in the country on that trike. He was going around trying to drum up interest for some sort of television show. When he stops at a location, he pulls out a bucket, where those who want to have their children sit on the trike and take their picture will give him a small donation. Very interesting character.

The lady with the short hair is actually a friend from work. She is also a very talented blues singer locally, and we were doing a photo shoot for one of her CD's. I took over 300 pictures that day of her at three to four different locations. We had a blast.

Don't miss film, as I was only a point-and-shoot photographer with film. I love what digital gives me.

EvilTwin a/k/a Judy

http://www.alifescapesphoto.com

#108582 - 02/24/07 01:44 PM Re: Newest Pictures of Granddaughter, et al. [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Girl, you don't just take pictues, you take lovely photographs. Wow. I browsed a couple sections and you sure are gifted. Glad to see you are winning contests. YOu deserve it.

When did you begin this passion?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved